Wednesday 4 February 2009

My £2 a day diet challenge

Hello all,
Just to keep you informed, Mac and I have started our £2 a day challenge. The rules and our breakdown for every day can be found at my blog http://lessandlessandmore.blogspot.com/

So far we're on day 3, and it seems to be going well. I made cookies last night (6.5p each) out of half organic ingredients (well, the flour and butter were--and they made up a LOT of the dough!), have had an organic breakfast 2 out of the 3 days (today I had local bakery bread with organic jam) and mostly organic dinners, and we've still managed to stay under our £2 each.

Please share this with anyone you know who has been holding off on buying organic because they think it's too expensive. I'll be posting recipes, price breakdowns, and will hopefully be mentioning which ingredients are organic as I go. It's a month-long challenge, but I'm starting to think we'll be fine! No hunger pangs yet!

If you have kids or know someone with kids who might be up for trying this (I want to see if a family can do it), let me know. I'd be willing to help them do the initial weighing and pricing of things so that it's not such a chore.

No comments: